Old June 3rd 06, 06:55 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Anyone with a SuperCharger ?

Anon wrote:
> Dad wrote:
>> "Anon" > wrote in message
>>> Hey Dave. I would just call Bowling Green. I imagine that one of
>>> the engineers there would be able to tell you how much torque and HP
>>> the transmission, drive line, and rear end can handle safely.
>>> Another group you could reach out to is Reeves Calloway; and I
>>> believe that Calloway Corvette (Sledgehammers, I believe they are
>>> called) are in Connecticut. I would have suggested John
>>> Lingenfelter; but sadly he passed away after some time in a coma
>>> (from a car accident).

>> Lingenfelters are alive and well but without John. Their son-in-law
>> has a seup about the same as the Decatur facility down in Texas I
>> believe. As a point of intrest John built the first few twin turbos
>> for Calloway.

> As an interesting who's-who note: Reeves Calloway of Corvette fame is the
> same as the Reeves Calloway of golf fame. I don't see the correlation
> between the two endeavors, as a set of clubs can't fit easily in the trunk
> of a Vette. :-)

But they will fit!! Not as well as in the 911 but a soft bag will fit--
if they aren't Wilt Chamberlin's sticks.

Easy explanation: There were three endeavors that I know of and maybe a
couple of more that I don't. Eli's family turned three fun hobbies into
money here in San Diego, County. Golf equipment, Wine (Calloway
Vinyards in Temecula -- now sold), and of course Reeve's auto
performance and design business, now on the East Coast. Calloway Golf is
still alive and well, following Eli's death a couple of years ago.

--
PJ