Old January 18th 04, 03:25 AM
rnf2

"Steve Firth" > wrote in message
.. .
> rnf2 > wrote:
>
> > I've seen Range rovers here in NZ re-engined with Australian Holden V6

3.8L
> > engines. they'll take a supercharger without modification. Not sure the
> > output, but the Holden cars go fast! a 3.8L SS Berlina maxes over 290K

on a
> > track.

> All sorts of weird and wonderful engines go into Land Rover vehicles in
> the UK. 6.2L GMC diseasels used to be a popular conversion. Overfinch
> are acknowledged as *the* tuning experts for Rangies and they used to
> regularly produce 5.7L Corvette engined Rangies with scary 0-60 times.
>
> The attraction with the Jag V8 is that if Land Rover fit the standard
> unit, then adding a supercharger will consist of finding a scrapped XJR
> or alternatively buying from the Jag parts catalogue. Either way, an
> easy conversion.
>
> --

If they take a Corvette 5.7 they'll take a Holden 5.7 from the same factory,
Holden make their own 3.8's which started as a Buick(?) V6 and ended up
entirely Aussie, but the amout of V8 holdens is low enough they still import
the V8s from america. The make their own Aussie Supercharger for the 5.7
tho. you can buy the supercharger right out of the catalogue and have it
dropped into any V8 holden enginend car.

Thik of your 5.7 rangies with a fan on it!

rhys