Old June 5th 04, 08:51 PM
Tha Ghee

"Mike Smith" > wrote in message
> Tha Ghee wrote:
>
> > I think they should have ponied up a little money and made a true V-12.

> Um, why? 12 cylinders is 12 cylinders. 6 liters is 6 liters. There is
> nothing inherently "better", performance-wise, about a V-layout vs. a
> W-layout, and the W has advantages in terms of package size.
>
> --
> Mike Smith

no, not all engines are the same, if you drive a W-8 back to back with a V-8
the W-8 will not be as smooth, it has odd firing sequence.

no on the V-12 vs. W-12, the V-12 is second most if not smoothest engine on
the planet. when you take to buzzy VR-6s and put them at a weird angle they
need to put different dampeners on them when a V-12 wouldn't need this
appliance.

yes there are many differences in terms of performance for V-12 vs. W-12
just look at the charts.

if you look I said besides packing efficiency what are the major benefits of
a "W" engine.