Old October 7th 13, 04:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Default Repairing cracks in front plastic facia - will fiberglass resin "stick"?

While I have the front facia off my '00 300m, I figure it's a good time
to fix some cracks on the lower edge.

I could rivit small pieces of sheet metal to bridge the cracks, but I'm
wondering if fiberglass resin would "stick" or bond to this facia?
Maybe if I roughened (sanded) it a little?

What is the facia made of? ABS plastic?

As far as the appearance of the front of the facia goes, I'd actually
like to remove all the lights and trim and give the front a good
spray-paint job to get it looking new. Have never painted pastic before
- how well does that turn out? Does it give a durable finish?