Old November 14th 04, 08:28 PM
Grumpy au Contraire

Radiators just ain't built as well as they used to be.

For example, my 1983 Civic FE project had a mere 110K when it suffered a
cracked head/bad head gasket probably by a driver who ignored the
instrument panel.

The car sat for over ten years before I bought it this summer. After I
swapped the engine out I brought the radiator (which looked in good
shape) to a radiator repair shop of high repute. After cleaning it out
(disassembling the tanks and rodding the core), it proved to be totally
porous. So much for modern radiators, even the full metal one(s).

Oh, and if the dealer ship (As Caroline noted), breaks something, you
can bet your bippy that they even it out somehow...

JT

--
JT

Just tooling through cyberspace in my ancient G4