Old September 11th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

Default 1993 GC Limited - I Miss My Jeep!!

Casper wrote:
>> "DougW" was heard to say...
>>
>> The hood pull is just a few bolts.
>> The only hard part is if the cable breaks before you have the hood
>> open.

> I would imagine so.
> Avalable after-market? Dealer is saying part is over $100. /sigh

billy ray posted a lot of links. I'd start looking there.

Stick with OEM or check napaonline.com simply because the
"one size fits all" aftermarket tend to break.

When you check with a parts counter make sure they don't have
it as a sub-assembly. Sometimes they try to sell the whole assembly
when there are sub parts they can sell.

The other option is to gather the bits and try some Gorrilla Glue.
no kidding, that stuff is some insane glue. Used it to fix one of
my A/C knobs. A little aluminum from a guiness can as a backer and
it's good as new again.

http://www.revbeergoggles.com/temp/knobface.jpg
http://www.revbeergoggles.com/temp/knobass.jpg
http://www.revbeergoggles.com/temp/knob-guinness.jpg

Another option is ye olde junk yard. Try to find a rollover
or other ZJ up to 95. (I think)

--
DougW