Old November 25th 08, 08:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Josh S

Default Bailout for the Big Three?? How will it help??

In article >,
Paul M. Eldridge > wrote:

> Well, if, in your words, "South Korean culture is, by some accounts,
> incredibly hostile towards the US and this appears to influence
> consumer purchasing habits" this doesn't strike me as a promising
> market for Chrysler. Wouldn't it make more sense for Chrysler to
> focus its attention on markets that are a little less "hostile"? [I'm
> thinking, maybe, North America?]

I expect the German's running Chrysler didn't understand that.

> And for fear I leave you with the wrong impression, I have a strong
> emotional commitment to this company and with one exception, all my
> vehicles have been Chrysler products, most recently a 300M Special and
> a Dodge Magnum R/T. I would dearly like my next vehicle to be a
> Chrysler but, as I've stated on this forum before, I'm not the least
> bit interested in driving a truck or SUV, and whilst the new 300 is
> OK, it's doesn't drop me to my knees (frankly, if I wanted a cheap,
> plasticky interior, I would buy a Tercel).

Me too and if it weren't for being lucky and finding an excelent
condition 300M I would be driving 'foreign" today.

BTW that 300 totally turns me off. As I said to a Chrysler dealer, even
if the 300 was FWD I'd never buy it.