Old November 25th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Some O

Default Bailout for the Big Three?? How will it help??

In article >, MoPar Man >
wrote:

> And it's NOT like the big-3 don't have small car options to sell when
> gas hits $4. They have always had small cars with small engines, and
> they always do sell a lot of them. They just don't make much profit on
> them, and they can't when Korean and Japanese cars are effectively
> dumped into the US market, and the big-3 face trade barriers trying to
> sell their small cars into those foreign markets.

They don't make much profit on their smaller cars because they are built
to be cheap, as well as small. I've owned several, both NS and import.

Most of our Japanese cars are built in NAFTA, most in the USA or Canada.
Take the Civic and RAV4 built in Canada; Camry and various Hyundai
models built in the USA; Nissan Versa built in Mexico where Chrysler
built the Neon as well as other models. Then there's the Fusion from
Mexico.
The Nissan Rogue has been coming from Japan, but I hear a USA plant is
being built.
GM is dumping small cars from Korea, my oh my!