Old September 18th 04, 09:38 PM
Jim Levie

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:45:21 -0700, BTF wrote:

> Only the BMW's with the DSP option have the extra amplifier, plus that
> amplifier only takes a digital input.

No. The radio on any modern BMW is just a head unit that requires an
external amplifier. On an E39 the amp is mounted on the left side of the
trunk just behind and above the CD changer's location. I can't say if all
BMW models mount the amp on the left side of the trunk, but a sampling of
three ('01 E39, '91 E39, & '90 E32) all have the amp in that location
(might be a trend here).

> "Lapchien"

> wrote in message
>> well, mine doesn't - hence the question!

And do you have a stock BMW radio, or has it been changed out to an after
market unit? With a BMW head unit no amp equals no sound.

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat.