Old May 2nd 07, 12:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
leslie

Default rear brake shoes

Hello. I have a 2003 jeep wrangler - great vehicle! I took it to the
shop yesterday to have the oil changed, tires rotated and brakes
checked. All looked good, but the mechanic told me he'd never seen
brake shoes like I had on the rear, and I'm wondering if this is
normal or if they need to be changed...the rear brake shoes have a
"cut" down the middle. There is no metal-on-metal sound when brakes
are applied, but they do making a low "thumping" kind of noise. Since
these are the original brake shoes, I don't know if this is normal or
if they've deteriorated and should be replaced? Any help on this is
greatly appreciated.

Leslie