Old December 28th 05, 01:26 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default 1996 A4 SE - V5 engine?

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hello people,
>
> I am looking to buy a 1996-1999 Audi A4 and have seen one advertised as
> 1.8SE V5 engine. I have tried to google this and look on various
> websites to find out about this V5 engine but theres not much info. I
> guess its like a v6 with one less cylinder but whats the benefit?
>
> Can anyone tell me the performance/power, fuel consumption, pros/cons
> of this engine? I just never had an audi before. Should i just go for a
> usual 4 cylinder?
>
> thanks,
>
> Zee

you will only have to buy 5 spark plugs and if changing leads, 5 of them. A
good thing is there is more room under the bonnet than the V6 when its
requires to be worked on.

As for fuel, it will be a little worse than the V4 but better than the V6

otherwise a wonderful engine. I also understand they have used the oval
piston/cylinder design on this model.