Old February 15th 13, 08:28 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

Default 2005 M3 unhappy with cold weather

"dizzy" > wrote in message
> "R. Mark Clayton" > wrote:

>>> Because that's about the lowest RPM where you would want to upshift,
>>> hot or cold, Jeffy. It's an M3, not a Peterbilt.

>>> Oh, really? FFS, you are an idiot, Jeffy.

>>I don't thrash mine (735i V8) when cold either.

> Herr Clayton: Surely you must realize that there's a difference
> between "thrashing" and letting the engine rise above 2000 RPM when
> cold.
>
> Sure, I'll stay "light on the throttle" when the engine is cold. But
> wondering why someone would "hit 2,000 to 2,500 in 150 yards on a cold
> engine" is not something that any reasonable person would do!

Alright Dizzy, THINK FOR ONE MINUTE. Don't stress your brain cell, just
think for a second...

It's 150 yards from your house to the end of the street. The motor is stone
cold. You run it up to 2500rpm between your house and the stop sign, then
hit the brakes or the clutch to pull the next gear and then hit the brakes.
Really? Why would you even _want_ to do that?

There's no point in hitting that engine speed when the motor is still cold
AND the distance from Start to Stop is so short.

You, sir, are one stupid idiot. I happen to live on precisely that street,
and I have the chance to do that everytime I leave my driveway, and I can
count on one hand the number of times when I have actually done it, and none
of them were on a cold engine. None. Not any. There is absolutely no valid
reason to treat a car that way unless you give your passengers a barf bag.

So, **** you.