Old November 10th 12, 06:13 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo,uk.rec.sheds
TonyB

Default New addition to the fleet

"SteveH" wrote in message
.. .

R C Nesbit > wrote:

> Lesley's 147 went via flebay yeasterday for 410
>
> Today we bought a nother 147 from Sheffield.
> 147 2.0ts Lusso 5 door, only 66k miles, for 950 cash
>
> This one, in fact:
> http://tinyurl.com/a33jzj5
>
> Which this morning said 995!
>
> her it now says 990
> http://tinyurl.com/aen7dph
>

> Phone Swindlers InsCo to swap the old black 02 plate 147
> 2.0ts Lusso for the new silver 02 plate 147ts Lusso - 25
> admin fee - fairy nuff - PLUS 30 Insurance Premium Hike!
> WTF?

147s are outrageous bargains these days - as are 156s. The market seems
to have sent all the crap ones to the scrappy by now, so mostly only
good ones are left.

Our 44k mile, 6 year old, 156 is worth so little, we'll run it 'till it
dies now - it's the highest spec. 4 cylinder 156 you could buy - a
similar spec. 159 would cost s fortune.
--
SteveH

My 156 JTDm 2004 has done 108k miles and is great, I love driving it
and apart from suspension problems it's been reliable. It's nice to know I
can
pick up another one cheaply when this one dies!

TonyB