Old November 2nd 05, 01:41 AM
Rick Morris

Default Stuttering and check engine light

Alright, here is my two week update.

Car is running fine. Check engine light went off the day after this
incident. Have driven 100 miles without the slightest problem. I was going
to take the car to the dealer to have them check it out until I found out
that hooking it up to the computer to see what codes had been stored would
run $99. Found out that I could purchase a new OBD-II scanner for the same
price and took the leap. It is a cool thing and comes with a CD that you
can install on your computer. The CD has the codes, including manufacturer
codes. Anyhow, I plugged in the scanner and found the code that was stored
in conjunction with the incident was P1345 which according to my nifty
computer program is a "Cyl Discrimination Signal Camshaft Position" code.
Any ideas of what might have gone on here? I originally thought it was an
onboard computer glitch. Hmmmmm?
Anyhow, the car is running fine now and the only other action I have taken
is to run a bottle of Techron with the last tank of gas.

Ideas??

Thanks!!!!