Old October 8th 05, 05:45 PM
L Bader

Ritchie -

As one of the earlier posters noted, we only get to make one first
impression. To which, "Welcome to the group! Enjoy your Miata!"

One of the first steps you need to take is head to
http://www.miata.net -- There you will find more information than you
will most likely ever use.

For "go fast" parts, start with:

www.flyinmiata.com
www.miatamania.com
www.good-win-racing.com
www.mmmiata.com
www.gomiata.com

Bottom line, the Miata was designed to be a QUICK (not fast), superior
handling sportscar.

You can gain increases of power, but most will cost more than a few
dollars. -- But don't forget power without control is useless.
Tires, suspension and brakes are critical. Then look at increasing
power.

To improve the performance, without heading the forced induction
route, you will need to increase the ability for the engine to breath.
-- This means intake, heads, exhaust and cooling. By replacing the
intake, putting a freer flowing exhaust (from the header to tail-pipe)
and gettting headwork done will run you $2,500 to $4,000, depending on
where you go and what you do.

IMHO, quite often headwork is overlooked when folks look for power.
-- There is additional flow (power) available, that would have been
cost prohibitive for manufacturers to produce. But done right, it's
not "cheap".

Regardless, use the 'Net, ask your questions, welcome to the Legion of
Miata-philes and enjoy the ride...

- L

On 7 Oct 2005 07:51:22 -0700, "ritchiekidd" >
wrote:

>I'm a rookie mazda owner.
>I'd like to know if anyone has suggestions about how to increase the
>horsepower via minor/inexpensive changes, such as exhaust or air
>filters?
>
>I'm not looking to make my car a racer, just a little bit more balls,
>without sacrificing reliability.
>
>Any specific part names/numbers and/or vendors would be appreicated.
>

>thanks in adavance

'97 STO, "Chouki"

// Change TEJAS to TX to reply via eMail //