Old May 6th 05, 01:23 PM
Lorem Ipsum

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
news:23Gee.2444$sy6.1234@lakeread04...

> there is no pressure increase.... you would have to overload the tire
> beyond
> what was the subject at hand to *ever* decrease the inside
> volume....period... you won't make the tire smaller...it will burst
> first...

Yes - that's where you went wrong in the case of the balloon. In this case
you would have to squash an underrated tire one hell of a lot to burst it. I
am sure you have seen it happen at least once.

> again you seem to have the theory, but you are still not quite there....
> my
> tires on my pu contain 50psi cold.....even when i slap a couple tons of
> gravel on the back it still has 50psi cold....

Yep. Those tires are rated/built to the task. It is too bad the balloon part
of the thread was irrelevant to the thread.