Old March 22nd 12, 02:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
twk

Default Chevy To Add New V8/RWD To Lineup

In article >, "dwight" >
wrote:

> "WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in message
> > On 3/15/2012 23:39, twk wrote:
> >> There is no demand. They can barely sell them. The volt is a failure.
> >> And that's too bad because the tax payers are getting screwed over this.
> >>
> >> There is _NO_ tax rebate for buying a Ford Fusion Hybrid, which by the
> >> way starts at $28,775. AND, it gets 41 city/36 hwy/39 combined.
> >> <http://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/specifications/>
> >> Oh yeah, the Fusion seats 5. I wouldn't buy either one (at this point in
> >> my life) but I'm leaning toward the Ford.
> >>

> > Again I think that's more to do with price than anything. You'd better
> > check that again, there should be a tax credit for any hybrid.

> The laziest bit of Googlin' tells me this:
>
> Tax credits for hybrids, gas/electric, and plug-in electric cars is a global
> initiative, not just within the U.S.
>
> Previously, hybrids qualified for tax credits. Problem is, as sales grew to
> a given point, those credits expired (Toyota and Honda have been
> discontinued, I believe - there is especially no longer an incentive to
> offer an incentive for buying a Prius)
>
> There's a "2011 Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit for Electric Cars" with a
> credit of $7,500 for any of the qualifying vehicles. These include the
> plug-in Chevy Volt, and the CODA Sedan (?), the Nissan Leaf, the smart
> fortwo, the Tesla Roadster, and the Wheego LiFe (?). Again, once production
> of any vehicle reaches 200,000, these credits begin to go away.
>
> From Ford, the Fusion and Escape Hybrids did, indeed, qualify for tax
> credits. Whether or not they still do, I don't know. But, as with all hybrid
> vehicles at least at one time, they most certainly did earn tax credits.
>
> So it's not all just about Chevy, or just about the Volt. Governments around
> the world have been offering incentives to move customers from gas to
> electric, and the tax credit for a Chevy Volt is just one example.
>
> dwight

Interesting. $7,500 for any of the qualifying vehicles.
Yet you get $10k tax credit if you buy a volt.
Got a link to that? I'm not into this enough to look it up right now.

--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.