Old February 27th 08, 08:47 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Audi A4 "left dipped headlight" problem

On Feb 17, 7:54*pm, mike > wrote:
> On Feb 1, 10:43 pm, Robert > wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:59:03 -0800, mike wrote:
> > > The left headlight of my 2006 Audi A4 quattro has this annoying -- and
> > > dangerous -- problem:
> > > 1. The left headlight flickers
> > > 2. It then turns itself off
> > > 3. The message "left dipped headlight" appears
> > > 4. The message is changed to a sign indicating that the lightbulb has
> > > failed.

> > I have an '02 A4 with the same problem. *I notice it more in the winter
> > then the summer. *I do not know any fix for this so if you happen to come
> > across any I would be thankful if you would pass on this information.

> > --

> > Regards
> > Robert

> > Smile... it increases your face value!
> > Linux User #296285http://counter.li.org

> I can't believe it!
>
> I took my A4 to the garage and two things were done:
> - the code (presumably software version) for the light were checked
> and it was correct
> - the igniter was changed
>
> And the result?
> - the problem with intermittent going out problem disappeared
> - the same problem begins to occur on the right headlight !
>
> I can't believe it!- Hide quoted text -

Interesting... I have been having the left dipped headlight problem on
my 2005.5 (06 style) Audi A4 with Xenons. I have taken it to the
dealer twice. This time the replaced the whole headlight. What happens
as soon as my lights come on? Same thing. Did they even friggin test
it? The last time I was there it went off before I even pulled out of
the service center. I love the car, but I cannot be flipping my lights
on and off every few miles at night. Oh, and the left headlight is now
pointing significantly higher than the right, very irritating to say
the least. Did you ever get this sorted out?