Old March 2nd 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default Parking brake/Rear drum sticking on Rabbit

On 2006-03-02, René > wrote:
> Bryan K. Walton > wrote:
>> Is the parking brake mechanism completely independent of the
>> regular rear drum braking system?

> Yes, otherwise it would be pointless as emergency brake. The regular
> brake system is hydraulic, the parking brake is actuated by cables.

Ahh, yes. That makes perfect sense.

>> guessing that something isn't adjusted correctly on the wheel.

> Somebody didn't follow directions when installing the new brake pads?

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question. But based upon your
first answer, I assume that there are then two sets of brake pads on
each rear wheel? And therefore, you are suggesting I check the brake
pad set specifically operated by the parking brake?

Thanks!
Bryan

--
remove the "REMOVE" from my email to email