Old January 8th 18, 08:10 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Mad Roger

Default Drum brakes - do you disconnect the parking brake cable?

On Mon, 08 Jan 2018 13:45:36 -0500,
Clare Snyder wrote:

> It generally unhooks from the activbation lever connected to the
> brake shoes. On soime cars the lever unhooks easily from the shoe and
> does not NEED to be disconnected from the cable
>
> Again - I would ADVISE you (the OP) to have a mechanic properly
> repair the brakes.

This net picture seems to show the rear drum brake setup reasonably well.
https://s13.postimg.org/hy7ga57c7/Rear_Brakes_1.jpg

I wonder why they put drum brakes in this vehicle when most are disc?