Old July 20th 15, 08:49 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Smarty

Default 31,320 miles long term C7. Car and Driver

On 7/18/2015 1:32 AM, Dad wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 3:31:25 PM UTC-4, unclevito wrote:
>> August 2015, pp 79.
>> 2014 Stingray Z51
>>
>> New Engine at 6000 mi
>> New starter
>> New rear axle seals
>> New climate control module
>> New seat mounted side airbag
>> New seat after airbag replacement botched
>>
>> What a piece of ****.
>>
>> At best, a lesson into NEVER buying the first year.
>>
>> Vito

> Like always you have found one to be negative about. Here's what I found with the first year, 2005, 6 speed, 50,000 miles, drove it for 11.3 years and paid for $46 in repairs. That was to reprogram new rims and rain tires, guess what dealer I didn't get my C7 from. This POS is just like the '05 and just keeps demanding I put gas in it. The only first year I ever had a problem with is thew '63, now that was junk from the word go. You need to get your nuts off once in a while, relieve that hate.............. ;-))

My C7 convertible is 20 months old and has been in for service for 2 oil
changes and a mirror replacement. No other issues.

Unquestionably the best Vette I have ever owned with fabulous styling,
great comfort, and, of course, superb performance.

I have often purchased a new design car over the last 50 years, and
indeed there can be more problems in the first production year. For
whatever it is worth, my C5, C6, and C7 were all purchased in the very
first batch of production convertibles and I have had utterly superb
reliability with all three, better in fact than my winter cars (2 Lexus
and 1 Acura RL) all purchased in their first year after design changes
as well.

No complaints here so far......