Old July 20th 14, 07:03 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Rufus

Default New thread - this has nothing to do with the C7

Dad wrote:

> "Rufus" > wrote in message
>> Dad wrote:

>>> Parked backed in drivers side on the curb, handicap on the passenger
>>> side, 6' left on his drivers side. There will always be idiots out
>>> there.
>>>
>>> Gag me with a spoon, lambo doors on a Corvette? I've seen worse, some of
>>> the owners should have their toe nails pulled with pliers and washed out
>>> with gasoline but then I change very little on a Corvette, my choice as
>>> it is theirs. Some people think I'm nuts for the miles I put on them but
>>> that's what I buy them for, to drive it when ever I can, rain or shine.
>>>

>> Same here...I have Harleys for bolting stuff onto and customizing.
>>
>> Other than things like floor mats I prefer all of my cars pretty much
>> stock. I'll swap the wheels on my Z06 someday for comp grey ones, but
>> they will be factory 8 spoke comp grey ones. Since I have two
>> Corvettes right now I tend to baby my Z06 and only drive it on highway
>> trips. If I can get rid of my '87 one of these days I'll probably
>> start racking miles on it. I tend to keep vehicles a long time - I
>> have two that have spent over 20 years in my possession.
>>
>> --
>> - Rufus
>>

> My first car in my name was April 1958, it sits in my barn in primer
> with a rebuilt engine and chassis with most of the body work done. been
> there since '82 when mom sold the farm, Just lost interest in it and
> have told a friend that has been bugging me forever that I'll sell it to
> him. Base '50 Chevy coupe no options except heater, stock. It's funny,
> since I told him I'd sell it he has never mentioned it again. I think
> he's afraid of the price and I'm not going to say anything because I'm
> not sure I can do it. The '72 has been around for 14 years but the '05
> has been around 9 years 10 months, the 64 is the new comer, but I have a
> '65 Mustang that has been around here since 1987. Parts have been a bear
> for it as it is one of the promo cars that was priced at $1965 back in
> 1965. No options just a 6 with a 3 speed on the floor, 4 bolt 13"
> wheels small hub caps, (try to find those) mine are from a friends
> Falcon. Different script on the fenders, generator, hood latch, and on
> and on it goes. Almost everything done except the replacement frame
> panels with serial number on them that the state is giving me fits
> about. Almost had it and the gal in the title office died and the new
> one braids he pubic hair and rides a broom to work. Got to start all
> over with the inspections.

My cousin has a '68 Shelby 500K convertible that he bought in San Diego
as he was getting out of the USMC...paid $2K for it, he's the original
owner.

My first car was a '72 Mustang, and I'm well glad that I don't have
it...it'd been rolled, and I had duct tape covering a lot of the rust
holes - that drove my Ma nuts! Can't keep much in the mid-western
salt-slush...not if you drive it.

I'm really more of a bike guy, but the only car I've ever owned that I
wished I had back to this day is my '86 Trans Am. It was a GM show car,
and I got it as a "brass hat" with 3000 miles on it from the show
circuit. Black and gold, 5 speed, 5 liter with a Holley four barrel,
WS6 suspension, t-tops, and a Recaro interior. It was loaded with
everything but an automatic trans and fuel injection.

I've only ever seen two others like it - both in St. Louis - one like
mine, but with an automatic an TPI, and a white one. I bought mine in
the Chi-burbs, for about $9K by the time all was said and the deal was
done. I was so jazzed with it that I got all the way back to St. Louis
before I realized I didn't even have a bill of sale for it...had to go
back the next week. Really, really easy to drive, fun to drive car.
I'd swap my Z06 for it if I could. Or at least my '87.

--
- Rufus