Old April 1st 04, 05:48 PM
xyzzy

In addition to your above suggestions
New O2 sensor
new PCV Valve
New Air Filter
Still Blows CO to the Max and Milage is down to about 12-13mpg from 21
Seems to run ok otherwise, Starts right up ( no power but never had any to
start with)
All the books and stuff say I'm running too lean, and if it was just a
little bit i would guess to many years of abuse, but this is big time
overboard, i am guessing something is definitely broke, bent or plugged up.
Is there any part, that when bad, would cause this major upset in fuel mix?
xyzzy

"xyzzy" > wrote in message
> I just failed my emissions test (Big Time)
> CO2 levels at .99 except during decelerations.
> I have seen info suggesting that I am running too Rich on fuel mixture,

but
> after a day online searching Google, Yahoo and everywhere else, another

day
> rereading the Haynes Suzuki manual (Which tells me it is too rich but not
> how to correct it), and the last Hour at the library, I am still at a
> complete loss.
>
> I have posted photos at a website if you would take the time to look and
> comment
> www.castlerockinfo.com/zuki/index.htm
>
> Please note the following from the photos,
> Butterfly (Choke) is not open all the way as the Haynes manual suggests.
> A part in the front left of the carb, ( A plunger with a rubber boot)
> The boot is in bad shape and there appeared to be leakage around it
> New muffler/exhaust shows Black Sooty deposits (haynes again says too

Rich)
> Where are the adjustments for Idle speed and Air/Fuel Mix??
> The books often refer to test equipment that would be more expensive to

buy