Old December 13th 12, 01:10 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mark[_35_]

Default B6 A4: windshield creaking in snowstorm

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 00:27:27 -0800 (PST), AD > wrote:

>> Is it actually the screen? *On my A6 the trim below the screen can
>> creak and the solution is to glue some material between the trim and
>> the screen.

>the sound seems to be from the bottom of the windshield
>u have a pic of your retrofit or a link to the part where your
>retrofit would have been?

Unfortunately not. Since having to replace the windowscreen the noise
has not returned so I haven't reapplied the fix.

>as I have difficulty following where and what you have glued to
>rectify this.

I found the solution by googling but I can't find it again right now.
It may have been audiworld. There is an official Audi note on how to
fix the problem (on the A6 anyway). I'll see if I can find it.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?