Old October 14th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Paul[_18_]

Default #3 misfire on 2000 SW2

I had a guy at the local AutoZone pull codes on my 2000 v-6 wagon.
I've got a couple O2 sensors out and a #3 misfire. I figure I should
change the plugs. The problem is I can't even see the plugs. What's
involved? I looked at a Hane's manual for the car, but it was no help
glad I didn't buy it. Does anyone know where to find instructions
online? I'm not willing to pay Saturn $xxx to change the plugs if I
don't have to. I know I'm gonna have to buy a bunch of those fancy
star shaped sockets, what are those even called? Are there plug wires
that can be replaced or does each plug have its own coil?

Oh, and if you've got better suggestions than replacing the plugs let
me know. The engine lopes when in idle either with or without being
in gear.

Well thanks for your input,
Paul