Old May 6th 06, 10:02 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys,alt.autos.dodge.trucks,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Be warned: Phoenix Remanufactured Transmissions

"ajcrm125" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> http://www.onecircuit.com/prtbad4u.html

This is all very interesting, but it happened back in 2002, and I
have to ask if Phoenix has remained as bad as this for the last
FOUR YEARS then why are they still in business?

I also will repeat what I said back in October on the Chrysler newsgroup
regarding these folks:

"The cheapest remanufacturer/rebuilder in the country that rebuilds these
and ships them out all over the country that I've seen advertised is
Phoenix Hard Parts in Phoenix AZ, they sell them for $625. But, this is
without converter, and shipping is an additional $260, plus you have to
pay to ship your core to them which is at least another $200 or so in
shipping costs, plus if your core has anything seriously wrong with it -
like a broken gear in it - they don't accept the core and you get no core
refund.
And while they advertise American-made parts, they don't advertise
American-made 'hard parts' (ie: gears) which is what really matters since
the gears are what take the power and cheap gears will fall apart under
load."

Also I'll say one other thing about this website. You bought a
transmission from them and halfway through decided to back out
of the deal. Up to that point they showed a perfect willingness to
work with you. After that point they dug in their heels. You observed
this yourself. What you don't understand is that even the best
rebuilders can make mistakes. If your paying a mechanic $2200
to do a turn key job on a transmission, he's damn well going to
test the vehicle 6 ways to Sunday before you get it back, and
if he happened to sub out the rebuild job to a place like Phoenix
and the same problems happened, you would never know about
them because he would be eating the labor costs. But if you
elect to try to save $600 or so by doing your own project
management then your going to have to learn to deal with stuff
like this. And nickel and dime items like bitching about a banged
up oil pan is rediculous. If Les was doing his job he would have
not used the dented pan he would have used your pan, and he
would have tested the vehicle when he got it put back together,
you would have not had it blow up on you 5 blocks away from
Les's shop.

If your going to use a professional mechanic to do work on your
vehicle then you let HIM buy the parts, you don't go buying them
yourself and giving them to him to put in. If you think you know
better than the mechanic, then you should be doing the service
work, not him.

Ted