Old October 17th 05, 12:20 AM
Howard Nelson

Default $ 567.00 for ten minutes labor !?!?!?!?!

> >> 1. One hour to diagnose idle control valve. (F8VZ*9F715*AB)
> >> 2. One hour to diagnose the connector (XR3Z*9E498*AG)
> >> 3. One hour to replace the idle control valve (F8VZ*9F715*AB)
> >> 4. One hour to replace the connector (XR3Z*9E498*AG)
> >> 5. One more hour to diagnose a bad vacuum hose.
> >> 6. No carge to put in a vacuum hose.
> >>
> >> Five hours total.

What is the likelyhood that all three of these components failed at the same
time? Might have been just a bad vacuum hose generating default codes from
the idle control circuitry. I don't know how exacting the OBC's are but it
is interesting that the last thing replaced (vacuum hose) fixed the problem.

Howard
1989 LX 5.0 vert