View Single Post
Old September 11th 18, 02:17 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default NAPA vs. Autozone vs. O'Reilly... price and quality?

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 10:11:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Honestly as an ex-mechanic I prefer AutoZone without a doubt and here is why:
> 1.Good prices good parts. You can never go wrong with Duralast... I mean the name even sounds sexy.. Dura (Greek) means strong Last (English) means lasts for a good time.
> 2. The customer service cannot be matched. Within 5 seconds of me being in the store the workers were offering me drinks and food and making feel at home. Then they make sure they ask for your rewards card so you dont miss out on any points. Check engine light? They gotcha. Need to test a battery, alternator or a starter? they gotcha. Need to replace a battery? they gotcha. Need new windshield wipers but dont know how to put them on? they gothca.
> 3. Theyre knowledge. Incredible people with the best experience and suggestions. They once told me that the reason my car was acting the way it was because I had a missing axle nut. Sounds pretty simple right? but guess what.. they didnt even look at my car and they knew what was wrong. Best damn customer care and product store in the whole freaking America.
> 4.Their website... easy, understandable, not hard. dont know what youre looking for? call them they will literally stop what theyre doing and help you so you can go to bed at night without having to worry about a damn car. Cant spell because you never got your diploma or GED? just type in part of the word and it shows up.
> Now lets discuss O'Reillys
> you walk in and its a ****ing **** show. Workers sometimes dont even dress according to the dress code... i mean one time i walked in and this guy was picking his nose and then he asks me if i wanna buy sea foam? i looked at him and i realized this aint autozone so i shouldve seen this coming. then i go over and ask one of their workers if they have a heater core for a 04 dodge caravan... guess what he says? Whats that.. now as a person who was raised right i knew the right think was to calm down.. but my fist wasnt listening so i reach over the counter and glock this dumbass in his stupid o'reillys face.. and guess what he does goes to bathroom and cries. If i were to do that at Autozone i wouldve got my ass whooped. I mean one time some customer started yelling at the store manager and the manager kicked ass out and straight no glove beat his ass infront of his kids. Yeah kids got scarred so bad they repeated 4th grade. Then the manager comes over and asks me if everything is ok.. and i go dude u gotta be ****ting fam, i came here to buy a heater core and ur worker doesnt know what that is.. and he apologizes and finds me m stuff and he is checking me out. Now guess what he doesnt do ask for my rewards which is good because i dont have one. I leave the store all ****ed and i forgot to pick up a radiator hose and i over to autozone and guess what they knew what it was and they helped. SO moral of this story is **** O'Reillys they can eat a bag of **** them dumbasses probably think blinker fluid is real smh

Around here they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground! They ask me if I have rear disc or drum brakes for a wheel cylinder!

They also don't know the difference between a resistor spark plug and a non resistor!
Ads