Old October 17th 11, 09:29 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default C.A.R.S. open beta

(Ken MacKay) wrote:

> I wonder how many signed up for the 25k subscription? Is there some
> sort of return for this kind of investment?

There's all sorts of details on the website, including their business plan. I'm
half tempted to take a small gamble (in investment terms), because my savings are
shrinking by the day thanks to the global decision to punish savers and reward risk
takers. But it's a bit early to be calculating whether Slightly Mad stand a chance
of meeting their goals.

EA may be annoying, but the NFS franchise is worth a lot of guaranteed sales, so
it's hard to predict independent success from previous sales.

Interesting ride though, and I've already sunk a lot of money into iRacing with an
absolute, 100% guarantee of 0% return on my money. Not quite as much as John Henry,
but probably about the same amount as a proportion of our total wealth. :-)

Interesting times for sim racers. Competition is good, because otherwise evolution
doesn't work.

Andrew McP