Old October 3rd 10, 11:20 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Savage[_3_]

Default 156 on the blink

"Malcolm Osborne" > wrote in message
> 156 2.0TS - driving along, revs go up briefly, then engine dies. Turning
> ignition key causes starter motor to go `whirr', but no effect on engine.
> Doesn't sound like cambelt - that would be more dramatic?
>
> Any suggestions on root cause, before car is towed to agent? Was due to go
> there in near future for service, inc cambelt change.
>
> --
> regards,
> Malcolm Osborne
> Sedgefield, South Africa
> 156TS - 1999 - 279655Km

I don't suppose it's trying to tell you something after "279655Km" - poor
thing must be knackered !

I expect a friendly expert will be along shortly with good advice /
suggestions.

While we wait, I must congratulate you on achieving 279655Km, which I think
equates to about 175000 Miles in real money. Makes my 1998 156 2.0 TS look
like a beginner on 83k miles - methinks I'll hang on to it for a while.

Dave S.... :>))