Old April 20th 07, 05:59 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Flywheel puller for a briggs and stratton?

I have a 5.5 hp briggs and stratton i'm rebuilding for fun. after
struggling with the flywheel and doing a quick google search I found
that i need a special tool to do this right. One sight said it would
be easy to make your own flywheel puller with some extra metal and a
drill press. I have acess to my highschool auto shop so it would be
easy for me. How exactly do these tools work? It might help to have an
understanding before I try to make one. Some directions on how to use
one would be great.