Old July 19th 10, 10:35 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH[_2_]

Default motor control system failure

jima > wrote:

> You haven't frightened me off but I am hoping to hear a possible easy
> solution to my problem. Currently my battery is disconnected and I'm
> hoping for the best!

Hmmm, if turning off and back on again hasn't reset things....

Try disconnecting the negative lead from the battery and touching it
onto the positive terminal for 5-10 seconds.

That sometimes clears the system down.

If this fails, you need the ECU read. If you're anywhere near
Caerphilly, I'm more than happy to do it with my netbook and Alfa Diag.
--
SteveH