Old January 21st 07, 08:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Ted Wong

Default SPS spark plug wires and Bosch Platinum +4

BläBlä wrote:
> Get an ohm meter and ALWAYS check to make sure the wires you get are
> good! I have gotten many many bad ones right out of the box. The name
> brand of wires honestly does not matter. The resistance and long term
> condition does. The resistance of the wires for a S-series Saturn should
> be no greater than 12,000 OHMS (12k ohms). If you tug, bend, or look at
> your wires wrong they could be damaged so if in doubt check the
> resistance again.

I measured the SPS wires I have again. Wire 4 is 367 Ohms, Wire 1 is
597 Ohms. Haven't yet measured Wires 2 and 3. Assuming that I'm not
measuring the resistance incorrectly (put one multimeter probe in one
end of the wire, and the other probe in the other end), should I be
worried about very low resistance? A visual check of the wires while
the engine is running indicates that there's no arcing along wires,
i.e., no worn insulation.

I just got a pack of Autolite double-platinums. If the wires are still
good, I'll keep the wires and just replace the sparks.

Regards,

Ted
1996 Black-Gold SC2