Old September 16th 05, 09:16 PM
Alan Bernardo

> Alan,
> I think you should recheck your facts. You can select which
> upgrades are allowed within a class. If you go to the opponents tab,
> taking the Howston as an example, if you just select the Howston
> entry, you will get a mixture of upgrade levels. But beneath the
> entry for Howston there are three more selections labelled GP1, GP2
> and GP3. If, rather than selecting the Howston, you select, say GP3,
> you will only get the basic, unupgraded Howston as competiton. The
> same thing goes for all the other sedan cars. I will admit it's not
> the most intuitive but I figured it out and I'm old.

I'll look into this. But really, there goes common sense out the window,
which was part of my original complaint. There has to be a better way of
doing this. But I do know this, I can run some upgrades on any of the cars,
and the car still stays within a class-- say, GP3. By implication, then,
would this not mean that if you choose only GP3s, it's not a certainity that
you are going to get stock cars. It's all very confusing and defies common
sense, is the way I see it.

Thanks for the explanation, though. I certainly do appreciate that. Your
reference to being "old", however, strikes me. How old are you? Old to me
means maybe in the upper 60s. I'm not quite that old yet, but in a little
over a decade I will be.

> I hope this helps you get more enjoyment out of rFactor, I'm having a
> blast.

I too am having fun with rFactor. It's just that it takes a scrambled mind
(or a lot of time) to figure out how to do things.

Thanks again,

Alanb