Old May 2nd 20, 04:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Kirk[_3_]

Default Which VW engine part did contain real wood ?

On Saturday, February 13, 1999 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Braukuche wrote:
> >No joke! This is not a trick question!
> >
> >Prior to 1950, VW used real wood for a component in the engine.=20
> >
> >Name the part or try to guess.

> I'd guess the fuel pump base.
> --Dan E.

I was surprised on my early '60s headlight buckets that they used what appears to be cardboard as a platform and insulation between the terminals for the wires. That was hard to keep useful. Was not an item that could be easily replaced either.