Old December 8th 04, 06:03 AM
tech27

"Abs" > wrote in message
> My front rotors are near the end of their life and I have priced some
> replacements. The Genuine rotors are $AU285ea while after market ones
> are$AU70ea. My question is, is it worth paying the extra cash? I have had
> no problems and on the few track days I go to a year the brakes have been
> wonderful. I'm willing to pay more but am I just throwing money away?
> Thanks in Advance
> Hany.

Not at all. Floating rotors are far superior, just make sure you get a
quality set. Many guys at the track days I go to use them and love them. It
is generally accepted that they are far superior, but they are not
considered good for everyday driving - for some reason I can't remember, but
IIRC it has to do with long term safety and wear, as opposed to performance.