Old March 8th 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Default Mustang Sales, Specialty Models

ZombyWoof wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 08:26:12 -0500, Michael Johnson >
> wrote something wonderfully witty:
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> I guess it's both bad and good news...
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/ypofdq

>> Yeah, I think it is good and bad news. It will keep pressure on Ford to
>> keep improving the car. I wonder if the sky high prices of the GT500 is
>> putting some people off? I know that it is the case with me. IMO, Ford
>> needs a reasonably priced intermediate model between the GT and GT500.
>> Plus, with the threat of a new Challenger and Camaro coming to market
>> soon, maybe some buyers are waiting to have more than one choice. The
>> Charger may have taken away some buyers.
>>

> At the current predicated release dates it will be time for me to get
> my next new ride. At this time if the Challenger even comes close to
> being what it is supposed to be I'll be in line with cash in my hand &
> a pink slip in my wallet. I doubt that there is anything that Ford
> could do at this time to change my mind. Now the Challenger could
> miss the mark, but some how I doubt it.

Well you know it will probably have at least a 400 hp N/A V-8 which is a
very good start. If it looks anywhere close to the one I saw at the DC
Auto Show last year it will be a home run for D-C. Plus, I can see the
marketing now... Challenger with a Hemi. Then, if they are smart, a
Hemi Cuda will appear.