Old January 27th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Garth Almgren

Default 1983 mustang v6

On Jan 25, 11:37 am, Gene Wagenbreth <genewxxx@isi-OS4> wrote:
> Hasnt this been talked about here before a number of times ? I thought thre was
> a common problem with mid 80s fords that some part of the electronic ignition
> on the engine would overheat and cause intermittent problems such as this.
> Something to do with the grease under the box not conducting heat correctly.
>
> Someone remember what I am talking about ?

I'd forgotten about that; the problem with the TFI ignition modules
overheating:
http://www.coolcats.net/tech/troubleshooting/tfi.html

However, in 1983 Mustangs didn't have a TFI module, at least here in
the US (never heard of the 1.6L on that list, so maybe it was an
export kinda thing).

--
~Garth (via Google)