Old December 27th 06, 09:05 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent P[_1_]

Default Ford chief seeks help from Toyota

In article <_Bzkh.5012$Ej7.1001@trnddc02>, Whitelightning wrote:
> "Brent P" > wrote in message

>> In article >, Nicholas Anthony wrote:
>> > Goes to show you that our Government isnt looking out for the best interest
>> > of our country and rather the worlds opinion of us, sigh. Imagine if we
>> > impose the same tactics to Japan they do on our products.

>> Japan isn't a problem IMO. Simply make a better product, that's all
>> that's needed.

> One post, as I have hashed this out too many times in the past. Ford and
> GM are as good or better than anything Nissan, Toyota, Honda, or any of their
> subsidiaries produce. They are
> a 100 fold better than the junk Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, or Mitsubishi put out.

Actually Ford and GM fail on a number of measures that make for a
'better' product. GM makes a lot of boring, utilitarian, FWD cars and has
been doing so for many many years. Ford has the mustang, that's it. The
500... what's that? A warmed over volvo? There is more that goes into
'better' than simple reliability. GM has cheapened parts to where it
feels cheap.... it might be reliable but look and feel and things like
that matter when you are trying to sell a product.

> All one has to do is research the number and types of recalls the asians
> have been having for almost 2 decades vrs what Ford and GM have been issuing.

I am well aware how recalls and such are handled in the media. It doesn't
help ford and gm that's for sure. But when ford can put a mustang out
that's good and it sells, it's obvious that this isn't crippling them, it
has to be something else.