Old December 11th 09, 04:01 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Need Help!

"garygolden" > wrote in message
> So far I've not been able to even get a wrench on the nuts on the
> mounting studs. I've removed or loosened just about everything short
> of removing the entire dash. I can't believe that you have to do
> that just to change out the power booster.
>
> "Clams Canino" > wrote in message
> m...
>> The mounting studs should not turn when you turn the nuts.
>> If they do... you'll need to get at the backs "somehow".
>> Good luck.
>>
>> -W ('68)
>>
>> "garygolden" > wrote in message
>>> Anyone out there have any good tips as to how to remove the brake
>>> power
>>> boost on an '81? It appears that the 4 mounting studs come
>>> through the
>>> firewall from the engine side. Almost impossible to get at short
>>> of
>>> removing the dash. Don't want to do that.

That's just part of being a mechanic, some things are not easy. When
that car was built there were parts put on first and parts that were
put on last. Not many of the parts that fail can be changed standing
upright beside the vehicle. Remove the seat, steering column, and
anything else that makes it a bit easier as seldom is the repair the
removal of just the failed part.