Old December 12th 08, 02:21 PM posted to talk.politics,rec.autos.misc
krp

Default SENATE VOTES "NO" on American auto loan

"Jack Johnson" > wrote in message
> The anti-union Republican "southern" delegation, has lead the way,
> against the $14 Billion dollar auto bridge LOAN, and has
> succeeded.......with a "no" vote tonight.
>

> General Motors has announced, tonight, on Detroit's WJR, that it is
> "considering it's options". GM has already announced that it will run
> out of money before Christmas.

Given how TOTALLY and COMPLETELY GM is screwed up it is time to allow
them to hit the dumpster! The option is to padlock the doors. So long as GM
is run by people who have NO idea why wheels are round instead of square why
would we expect that giving them $10 TRILLION would be anything but ****ing
away money for people building bad cars that people don't want? Does it make
ANY SENSE why GM builds 4 cars that but for a few cosmetics are the SAME
CAR? Just hang a different grille and nameplate on it? Why set up an
operation where you MUST sell 1 MILLION cars of a particular model to be
profitable? Why not be satisfied with a smaller operation that's
profitable? Why is it a BAD thing to make 150,000 cars of a model and have a
demand for 300,000? When demand is not a constant, it is easier and cheaper
to build UP than it is to build down.

GM has earned going bankrupt and OUT OF BUSINESS. You only need to study
GM's arrogant history and bullying behavior to take some solace at seeing
them fall. It was almost ENTIRELY GM that fought to get street cars and
electric trolley buses OFF the streets of America and BLOCK development of
the vehicles and to OPPOSE light rail even till today. GM also fought
against the concept of the electric car for most of the 20th century. In sum
total, GM's KARMA has come home to roost. They have been a corporate bully
throughout the 20th century. Ask the people who are still alive that were
with independent manufacturers like Studebaker, Hudson, Nash, Packard,
Kaiser, Tucker, Willys etc the steps GM took to insure those companies
failed. Games with suppliers etc.

Oh I am all for leaving GM to twist in the wind. Maybe some NEW
companies will start that won't be as FAT and arrogant and the American
people can have some really decent cars. You know, the American cars (no
thanks to GM) were considered the finest in the world right up to WW-2. Cars
like Cord, Duesenberg and so many others. Competitors that GM helped destroy
using tactics that would make the MAFIA blush with envy.