Old March 16th 11, 12:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

Default Prove to my insurance that my car has ABS?

In article >, "marx404" > wrote:
>"Failing that, Plan B is to drive your car to the agent's office, take off a
>wheel, and show him the ABS sensor on the hub."
>
>LOL, that's a bit overboard, don'tcha think?

No, not really. He already said that *telling* the agent he has an ABS light
on his dashboard wasn't good enough; what makes you think that *showing* him
an ABS light would be any better? The presence of a light on the dashboard
doesn't prove that the car is actually equipped with ABS -- but the presence
of an ABS sensor on the hub sure does.

>I deal with insurance ppl all the time. What I tell people is that if your
>agent fails to decode or is unable to decode the VIN for safety feature
>discounts, it's time for a new insurance company or agent. :-)

Complete nonsense. That's not encoded in the VIN.

>ABS was an option on your car. Perhaps you have a copy of the original
>window sticker stored away somewhere?

He already said explicitly that he bought the car used and does not have a
copy of the sticker.