Old January 9th 13, 12:06 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith

Default MAF parameters

On Tue, 8 Jan 2013 05:57:39 -0800 (PST), wrote:

>My Haynes manual has a value to check the MAF sensor of my vortec at idle. I think the spec is 9 grams per second, which it mataches.
>
>Is there anywhere on the net that explaines what the value should be while driving or at different rpm's? I am trying to learn this stuff on my own.
>
>I appreciate it!

GM shop manuals for that truck look costly on eBay, but if you DIY you
need a shop manual, or equivalent CD. I'll go to a C-note for a
decent full set on my beaters. It's money in the bank
You won't get the help here that you'll get on the GM forums.
I've saved time and money by reading the W-body and Bonneville forums.
Here's what you should check. Register and ask away if you can't find
your answers by browsing. Can't hurt.
http://chevroletforum.com/forum/silv...e-pick-ups-21/