Old November 3rd 10, 10:52 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

Default Audi Reliability Unacceptable by US Standards

On 2010-11-03 06:00:47 -0400, laurentien > said:

> On Nov 2, 6:14*am, Mike G Cornell > wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 18:10:51 -0400, D. LaCourse >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> My wife's Lexus: *Needed a brake job within
>>> one year of purchase. *Was not her fault - something wrong with the
>>> original brakes. *HI headlight burned out - Toyota wanted $1400 to
>>> replace (I kid you not). *Finally bought a set of normal headlights
>>> (not HI) and had them installed.
>>> So, go masturbate somewhere else, Troll.

>> So you'd like us to believe your wife put enough miles on her Lexus in
>> less than 12 months to exceed warranty? *Credibility denied.

> It seems that you have never owned a Japanese car.
> The warranty does not include such items.
>
> Luc

I'm sorry, Luc, but you are wrong. The Lexus HI lights would have been
covered under the warranty, but the car was out of warranty time. My
point of mentioning the HI lights was that the Lexus was only 5 years
old, barely out of warranty and the headlights go bad, while my Audi
with 8 years of service still has its HI lights. I've had few problems
with my Audi - normal wear and tear stuff - while the Lexus has been in
the shop often. Cornell's premice was that Japanese cars are better
than German. Yeah, maybe, but that is not what I have experienced.
Besides, most Japanese cars are dull and boring front drivers. The
Germans know how to build are car. Period.

Dave