Old March 19th 12, 05:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default Chevy To Add New V8/RWD To Lineup

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 05:14:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>Cool stuff! Read on.
>
>----
>Chevrolet announced Tuesday that in 2013 it will introduce a new
>nameplate to showrooms. The car will also race in the NASCAR Sprint
>Cup series.
>
>The new racecar will "closely resemble the production version," and
>both cars will be unveiled in the next year, Chevrolet said.
>
>The car will debut at the Daytona 500 in February 2013, said Monte
>Doran, a Chevrolet spokesman.
>
>Doran said the new NASCAR entry will not be based on a current
>nameplate including the Malibu and the Impala, its current NASCAR
>vehicle.
>
>"Our car will be based on a new entry to the Chevy lineup," he said.
>
>Doran said the vehicle will go into production some time in 2013.
>"Stay tuned," he said. "We have more news coming."
>
>Jim Campbell, vice president of Chevrolet performance vehicles and
>motorsports said in a statement: "We are keeping the wraps on the new
>car for now and will continue to prepare for next season by testing
>camouflaged vehicles. We know that Chevrolet fans are eager to see the
>new racecar, and we hope that the prospect of being able to own one
>just like it will make the wait a little more bearable."
>
>Dave Sullivan, manager of product analysis for AutoPacific Inc., said
>he believes GM likely will bring back "some recycled or rehashed
>version of the Pontiac G8 or the Chevrolet Caprice with some sportier
>intentions."
>
>Sullivan said the vehicle likely will be rear-wheel drive, have a V8
>engine and be produced as a limited edition.
>
>In January, Ford revealed the 2013 Ford Fusion Sprint Cup car, which
>is modeled after the 2013 Fusion. Dodge and SRT Motorsports unveiled a
>new 2013 Dodge Charger for the Sprint Cup.
>----
>
>Patrick

I wonder if this is the same car that's been known about for a couple
years as the Police Only replacement for the 9C1. Management may have
decided that if they were going to run an assembly line might as well
sell them to anyone.