Old November 19th 09, 06:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Blue C5

Default Heating/Cooling Display Dim on 2000 C5

What a great forum. I posted a problem with my dim display and got
answers you would expect to find in the Service manual. Disassembling
to get the AC display out was just under an hour with no problems. It
was clear that one of the resistors was loose and needed soldering.
Instead of seven, there were eight, which indicates my 2000 had the
2001 board in it. No better than the previous board I think. I
touched up all the solder joints as recommended and reinstalled the
display - you can check it out before you close it up.. Nice and
bright. Reassembled in about 45 minutes and the car is good to go.
Thanks again especially Dad who referred me to the repair
procedure.