Old January 7th 05, 09:17 PM

I think he told me check IAC valve due to the rough idle. I don't see how
it'd help with a lean condition or misfire... but it isn't gonna take more
than 10 mins & a multimeter to check it out, so I figure why not. I *am*
going to clean the MAF today though.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

"Deputy Dog" > wrote in message
> Maybe I'm showing my ignorance here but what would that have to do with a
> misfire in a paticular cylinder?
>
> Dave
>
> > wrote in message
> . com...
> > Both repair manuals I have say not to use carb cleaner (or any liquid
> > cleaner) b/c it's an electrical component. But Haynes manual *also* says
> > use carb cleaner to clean the pintle if carbon deposits are there.

Excuse
> > my
> > ignorance, but what's a pintle?
> >
> > -Mike
> >
> > --
> > A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
> > Cold air intake
> > FRPP 3.73 gears
> > Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
> > Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
> > Hi-speed fan switch
> > 255/60R-15 rear tires
> > Subframe connectors
> > Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant
> >

> > "Ryan West" > wrote in message
> > m...
> >> Replace the Idle Air Control valve (IAC) You can take it off and spray

it
> >> out with WD-40, carb cleaner or electrical contact cleaner then blow it

> > out
> >> dry with compressed air. It should last you a little bit longer but it
> >> should be replaced every 15000 miles. Ford wont tell ya that though.

the
> >> part is between $54 and $105 depending on where you go. I have cleaned

> > mine
> >> twice and its on its last leg. I have to replace it soon. Definately

> > replace
> >> it if you are having problems with it stalling out and dying on you at

> > idle.
> >> The temp fix should get you by for a couple weeks maybe a little

longer.