Old January 7th 05, 05:10 AM
Ryan West

Replace the Idle Air Control valve (IAC) You can take it off and spray it
out with WD-40, carb cleaner or electrical contact cleaner then blow it out
dry with compressed air. It should last you a little bit longer but it
should be replaced every 15000 miles. Ford wont tell ya that though. the
part is between $54 and $105 depending on where you go. I have cleaned mine
twice and its on its last leg. I have to replace it soon. Definately replace
it if you are having problems with it stalling out and dying on you at idle.
The temp fix should get you by for a couple weeks maybe a little longer.

Ryan
om...