Old January 9th 09, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.autos.volvo,rec.autos.makers.honda
Tim McNamara

Default Some states want to punish fuel-efficient car drivers!

In article >,
Eeyore > wrote:

> Tim Howard wrote:
>
> > Oregon looks at taxing mileage instead of gasoline

> The basic problem is that government in much of the west (not just
> the USA) is now out of control and any pretence at democracy is only
> nominal.
>
> The events of the last year or so have convinced me that only a full
> scale revolution can restore peoples' rights and stop government
> poking its nose into stuff it has no business in.

How can that be? The right wing has controlled at least two branches of
the US government for 26 of the past 28 years. They've told us that
government isn't the solution to the problem, it is the problem. They
shrunk the size of government (just ask them), eliminated reams of
burdensome regulations, they've spent billions of dollars protecting
delicate corporations from the hoi polloi. Are you saying that the
Republicans were *wrong?*