Old December 20th 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.autos.antique,alt.autos.antique
Justin[_7_]

Default Antique Car Batteries?

fred wrote:
> Justin > wrote in
> :
>
>> Stude wrote:

>>> That will take some reearch. Why do you need the info? I might have
>>> to charge if it gets too deep.
>>>
>>> Also, the battery will not be putting out a full 6 volt when loaded
>>> with starting an engine. Watch your lights dim when the starter is
>>> cranking.

>> Its a bit embarrassing. We're know are writing a screenplay; and we're
>> wondering what kind of power a old battery circa 1920 or so can produce.
>> Its a major part of the plot.
>>

> Perhaps a better direction - after reading your reply as well - would be
> to involve Nicola Tesla - the inventor of alternating current and the
> electrical generator. You could look up the tesla coil too. That is in the
> same timespan. Plenty of voltage and current that way.

I'll put that on the wall, but I think it will get shot down pretty
quickly. Part of the problem is not to interfere with people anymore
than they have to. The main problem is getting the thing into space.
Its not my department, but the crazy FTL drive can only be fired in
space. So once in orbit, power generation isn't an issue.

I think the Italy idea is a better one actually, we won't have to use as
many vehicles thanks to Europe not being as industrialized as the US pre
WW2 at the tail end of the depression.